Saturday 25 June 2011

My Krafty News!

Happy Saturday!  All week it seemed like this day would never come.  Next week is the last week of school for my kids before summer break and time is flying by!  Today I get to share my exciting news with you!  My good friend Kimmie (you know, THE Kraftin' Kimmie of Kraftin' Kimmie stamps) asked me to join her Krafty Girls!  What an honour to have the opportunity to design for such a fabulous friend, work with awesome stamps, and to rub elbows with her incredibly talented and sweet Krafty girls!  I am one lucky gal!

This week's challenge over on the Krafty Girl Challenge Blog is to Make A Splash!!  Our hostess with the mostess Michele wants us to make a water themed card (beach, rain, anything wet).  Players who use Kraftin' Kimmie stamps on their entries will be entered to win a Nerissa stamp.

For my card, I decided to use Marina along with Kimmie's Mermaid Sentiments.  I paired her with some Echo Park Splash papers and embellished it with some chunky glass glitter along the white waves.  Love the dimension it gives!   I also added some pleated paper, ribbon, and a rhinestone flourish.  


Here's a close up of that chunky glass glitter.


Don't forget to stop by the Krafty Girl Challenge blog to see all of the amazing samples from the fabulous Krafty girls!  Thanks so much for stopping by and for sharing in my happy news!  

9 comments:

Tara Godfrey said...

Absolutely stunning, Kerry! Marina is so pretty! I love this card to bits...the chunky glitter is fab...never tried it but I just might have to now, after seeing your beautiful card,hun! So glad that you're a permanent Krafty Girl! I can't wait to see all the stunning creations you make each week!
Big Hugs,t

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Are you kidding, Kerry?? We're the lucky ones!! I'm so excited that you're sharing your 'krafty' talents with us every week now!

And your Marina card is simply....stunning!! The colours are FABULOUS and I love all the textures you've added! Of course,your colouring is the star! Would you mind bringing it with you on Sunday?? I wanna see her in person!!! xxx

Steph said...

Congratulations on becoming a permanent Krafty Girl! I love the card, great combination of colours.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Hip hip hooray! I'm definitely celebrating you becoming Krafty, my little PPL! We are going to have such fun together, and you are such a welcome addition to the team. Like Kimmie said, we're the lucky ones. Group hug!!! :) And your card is a knock-out!

Tracey said...

Congrats on being a permanent Krafty Girl Kerry!!! Love your card today! Fantastic!!!

Karen said...

Congrats on becoming a Krafty Girl. It will be great to see your Krafty creations each week. Love your card, you are off to an awesome start.

Melody said...

Congrats Kerry!! They are lucky to have you on their team!! Beautiful card!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Good for you girlie...this is GORGEOUS!!

Michele Boyer said...

SUPER cute, Kerry and I'm SO happy to be stamping with you with Kimmie too! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin