Tuesday 26 April 2011

Scrapbook Queens April Design Team Projects

Hey all!  Hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend!  I wanted to pop by and share a couple of the cards I made with this month's Scrapbook Queens design team kit.  We were working with Bo Bunny Gabrielle papers and some fun embellishments.


For this first card I used MFT's Own Your Story stamp set and Four Point frame die.  I stamped it on Kraft paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.  I distressed all the edges and sponged them with some tea dye as well.  The flower and butterfly were both embellishments included in our design team kit.


My second card was a bit of a risk for me.  I must have waffled back and forth for over a half an hour about this card.  I had this paper with a beautiful butterfly, and I really wanted to use the butterfly as the focal point of the card - but I couldn't get over the feeling that it was just a little creepy.   I decided to use some vellum over top of the patterned paper to soften some of the details - and make it seem a little less creepy.  I stamped a sentiment from this month's Triple Scoop set - Clearly Sentimental About Success (the triple scoop set is free with the purchase of three full sized sets) onto some wide twill and used some tea dye on it as well.  


I also used the 3/8" Rosette die to add a pleated paper border along the bottom of the twill.  Karen Motz, one of our fabulous challenge team member, actually has a fabulous video on her blog HERE on how to use this die to make a pleated panel.  



If you're interested in seeing what the rest of the Scrapbook Queens design team did with these gorgeous papers, you can check out the design team gallery right here.  Thanks for stopping by today - I'll see you back here tomorrow for another MFT sketch challenge!

2 comments:

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Pretty cards Kerry. Very vintage looking.

Michele Boyer said...

Oh wow! These are both gorgeous, especially the first one! Love them!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin