Tuesday 6 April 2010

MFT Teasers - Jolinne!

Are you ready for some new Jolinne images? There are two new ones this month from My Favorite Things and they are both so pretty!

For my card today I've used Jolinne Sweet Spring (being released Wed. night). I picked up this Memory Box Frond 6x6 pad of patterned paper and thought it was perfect for Jolinne. I paper pieced her dress with one pattern and used a couple others for the sky and ground. This card is actually a slider card - as you pull the insert out to the right, Jolinne dances across the ground. Here's the card closed:
Half open:
Fully open:
I found the tutorial for this type of card here and I think it's fabulous! I used another pattern of the same paper for the insert of the card (I love the way the flower blooms as you pull it out!). Isn't that a pretty font for the sentiment? This set comes with accessory images and some great sentiments.

For a list of the other designers previewing Jolinne today, check Kim's blog after 11 am EST. Hope you'll come back tomorrow for another Teaser and don't forget the release party on Wed. night over in the MFT forum on Splitcoast Stampers! Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: MFT Jolinne Sweet Spring
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, copics
Paper: MFT Perfect Panel, Soft Sky cs, Kraft cs, Memory Box Frond patterned papers
Other: dimensionals, oval punch, red line tape

11 comments:

Tracey said...

This is so pretty! Great card Kerry!

Lisa H. said...

really, pretty! great, soft scene you created here!

Queen Mary said...

Kerry, for a minute I thought the little dancer was moving across the field! This is a great switch up!

Barbara said...

What a clever girl you are!! This technique is awesome with this image! You're right--those papers are perfect! Fantabulous job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Kerry I love her!!

g said...

so lovely! brilliant idea to make a slider card- i LOVE it!

Melody said...

Kerry, this is beautiful. I love how she slides!

Chris said...

WOW! Holy Cow! OMG! I love, love, love the dancing across the card. This is just fantastic and paper piecing is my favorite technique, and you've done it so well.

Erin Smetak said...

Wow, I love how you made her dance! I might have to get this one just for that reason! LOL!
I've missed you too! How've you been?! Loving being a guest DT?! Lucky lucky girl! You so deserve it though! Your work is design team perfect! ;)

Jana Weaver said...

Very cute, and very COOL! Love this card, will have to go check out the tutorial!!

Michele Boyer said...

Oh wow! I love how that panel moves and pulls the girl across the card! I might have to try that sometime! Super cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin