Monday 22 February 2010

Sweet Pieced Umbrella Girl!

Happy Monday friends! Hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was full of purging and organizing and boy does that feel good!

One of my favorite stampers - Joanne B. is having a blogaversary celebration complete with challenges and I wanted to play along. This week's challenge was to paper piece - something I love to do! I used this same little Umbrella Pure Innocence girl and paper pieced her coat and umbrella. Joanne has a great paper piecing tutorial here and there's still time to enter her challenge - what are you waiting for?

I was inspired by Paula Williamson to sponge around my image because it's one of those touches I love about her cards. I absolutely love the look of the sponged ink around her - I will definitely be doing this again once I get some more chalk inks. It's hard to see in the picture, but I coated her boots, umbrella handle, and the raindrops with clear glaze pen so they're all shiny. The layout is Karen's sweet Sunday sketch from a week ago (#56).

This card is for a friend who's going through a heck of a lot right now and needs a bit of a smile.

Hey can I share one last thing with you? My card was picked as one of the top 5 for Taylor's 100th sketch challenge!! I'm so excited - see here - that's my card!! Thanks for reading! I appreciate you all!

5 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is so pretty. Love the DP and color combo. That sponging just adds that special touch to this card.

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Kerry! Love the paper piecing!!

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

WOW!! This is adorable!!

Andrea Murdock said...

I am so not surprised, this card is fantastic, I just love the colours and the colouring

Michele Boyer said...

Awww...so very sweet! The paper-pieced umbrella is fantastic!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin