Thursday 22 October 2009

Enjoy this commercial break....

So I figured since I haven't had a chance to stamp and don't have anything paper craft related to share, that maybe you'd enjoy a recipe? This is one of my faves!


Corn Flake Caramels

3 bars Mackintosh Toffee
3 tbsp butter
3tbsp sweetened condensed milk
3-4 cups of cornflakes

Melt the toffee and butter in a pot. When soft, add milk and cornflakes. Press into a greased square pan.

Now for you Americans, Mackintosh Toffee is the best toffee in the world. It comes in bars and is originally from England.

Tragically, I can't find it here anymore. This last time I made these, I ended up using the square caramels (like the Kraft ones). I think I substituted about 22 for 1 bar. So you'd need 66 caramels.

Just be warned - these are the kind of thing where you could eat the pan if you weren't careful! Not that I would know about that!
Have a great Friday friends! I'm hoping to stamp this weekend so I'll have something to share!

2 comments:

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Thanks for the recipe, these look yummy. I may try them at Christmas, your lemon square recipe was great.

Been experimenting myself, made Black Bean Brownies yesterday. They were great and extremely low calorie/low fat and healthy. Here's the link: http://happyherbivore.com/2009/05/vegan-blackbean-brownies/

Honest they are good. My hubby and picky eater daughter gobbled them up. Although I don't think your DS will like them, he doesn't like chocolate as I recall.

Laural Dawn said...

I know where you can get those Macintosh bars :)
It's local so I'll send in a private e-mail.
I was just thinking of you - it's been too long.

L.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin