Tuesday 27 October 2009

Elegant Polar Love!

Well...here's my entry for week 3 of MFT's So you think you can stamp contest. Our theme this week was the waltz. I decided to pull out these polar bears that are being released next week. I got them for purchasing a certain amount last month.

I actually had a lot of fun with this card. I pulled out some Basic Grey Figgy Pudding paper that I've been hoarding and drew my hills freehand. I adhered each layer separately and stitched each layer. I added some dazzling diamonds glitter to the edge of each hill. I paper pieced the scarves using the same cardstocks and stamped them with smaller patterns from a couple of other sets. I cut some linen thread and adhered it to the scarves as the fringe.
The ribbon was done by simply running the ribbon through by itself and then pulling on one of the threads to ruffle it. I adhered it down with some glue dots and stitched the button into place.
Well..that's all I've got!! I'm off to wait for my hubby to get home from the airport! Thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Love this Kerry! Very elegant and those bears are adorable!

StampinCathy said...

Love this card. Great colors, details and the sentiment and image is so cute.

Lauren said...

This is adorable. Great papers and colors.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin