Thursday 20 August 2009

MFT Customer Blog Hop!

I'm so excited to have been asked to participate in this month's My Favorite Things customer blog hop!! I love MFT stamps and have so enjoyed getting to know other MFT fans and make friends in the MFT forum over on Splitcoast.

Hopefully you've arrived here via Gretchen's blog! If not - you'll want to go to the beginning and start at Joanne's blog!

I was inspired by last week's My Favorite Challenge which was to make a school themed project. I was also inspired by the most recent Dirty Dozen gallery - in particular a project by Carolina where she decorated a retro lunch tin and filled it with notes.

My son who is entering grade 2 this year, is not what you would call a natural student. He works hard, and we spend extra time every day at home, but it doesn't come easy for him. I decided that this year, I wanted to give him some extra encouragement during the day - while he's at school. I created some 3.5"x3.5" cards that I call lunch box love notes. I also made a box to store them in - I will keep the box in the cupboard that I use to store our school lunch supplies.

I used the pizza box tutorial over at Splitcoast to make the box. I just had to use my Feelin' Fruity set for most of this project - those fruity faces make me happy! The patterned paper is from a DCWV citrus stack and I used some Doodlebug Paper Frills along the side of the box. I used some letter stickers for the "Lunch Box" but the "Love Note" is actually from Essential Sentiments. It originally read "Little Love Note", but I selectively inked the part I wanted to use.

The first three cards use Feelin Fruity. I kept the cards simple - cause let's face it - My son is a boy, and this is going in his lunch box. All of the fruit has been covered with Crystal Effects to make it dimensional and shiny!



Love this yummy cupcake from A Cupcake Kind of Day and the sentiment is from Cupcake Flopsey.
I had to sneak in one of those cute Hooga Boogas! He's paper pieced, and I inked him so that I could leave out the flower that is normally on top of its head.

And finally a set I've been getting a ton of use out of the Teacher, Teacher label set. The sentiment was stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.

I'm super pleased with how these turned out, and I'm ahead of the game since we don't start school until after Labor Day. Hope you've enjoyed this stop - you're now on your way to Leesa's blog!! I know she'll have something absolutely fabulous for you to see! Thanks for hopping by!

23 comments:

Bonnie Lynn said...

What a cool way to leave some love in your son's lunch. I wish I had thought of this when my DS was in grade school. He's a senior in HS now & comes home for lunch AFTER school. *rolls eyes* All of your cards are so cool and it's a totally awesome project Kerry.

Punkydoodle Papers said...

This is darling! I love lunch box notes and I have a 7th grader! Congrats on being part of the HOP!

Karen Motz said...

Congrats Kerry!!! Your notecard set is absolutely adorable!

Gretchen said...

What a great idea! Those little fruity faces are sure to make his day! Congrats on the blog hop invitation!

Unknown said...

Your son is going to LOVE these little lunch box notes. You're a wonderful mom, and you KNOW I adore your stamping style! So so cute! Thanks for playing!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

WOW! How much fun is this?! Great idea, Kerry!

Cindy Haffner said...

Great idea Kerry, I love this.

Melody said...

Such a cute, creative idea Kerry!

Karen said...

Great idea, your son is so lucky!

Christina Fischer said...

Omgosh, Kerry -- this is such a wonderful project! The box and cards are simply adorable -- he's a lucky boy! :)

Kim said...

Kerry - this is awesome!!!

Megan said...

Cute idea!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Congratulations, Kerry!! This is the most adorable project! Your son will love it!! Feeling Fruity is on my wishlist!!!

hobbydiva said...

Fabulous job Kerry! This is a great idea!

Chris said...

that is so so sweet. Ilove it.

Maggie said...

What a cute idea to leave notes in his lunch from time to time...whatta confidence booster (and he's at an age where he won't be embarassed either!)...LOL! Congrats on being a part of the hop!

StampOwl said...

fabulous set of cards

Tracey said...

Absolutely adorable! Love these cards Kerry! xx

Erin Smetak said...

WOW! This is SO awesome!!!! What a brilliant idea, Kerry!!!! Congrats on being chosen this month for the blog hop!!!! You ROCK!!!! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Absolutely cute!!

Jody Morrow said...

That is a really precious idea and you are a wonderful mom for providing him all the encouragement and love that you do! I know that the note cards will make him feel SO special and remind him that he has a Mom who loves him at home! :) Super sweet AND beautiful work!

Lisa H. said...

brilliant idea! love the cards and box, great work!

Amy Sheffer said...

What a wonderful idea! Great job on your project!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin