Monday 3 August 2009

A Berry Special Friend

I finally had a chance to stamp this weekend!! It felt so good after a couple of weeks break. I made this card for MFT's One Click Challenge. The challenge was to use gingham. I just got this new MFT set in the mail - Feelin Fruity - and wanted to get it inky.
I used a couple of techniques, but you can't really get a good look at them. For the berry on the left, I coloured it with my copics, and then put some blender solution on a rag and blotted the berry. The texture from the rag (washcloth) transferred to the berry. For the berry on the right, I coloured it with my copics, then ran it through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder. Then I touched my blender to each raised bump to remove some of the colour. Then I coated them both with Crystal Effects. You can really see the detail in person but it's lost in the picture. Alrighty friends - I'm off to bed! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Kerry, I love your card. I too am having a strawberry thing going on at the moment, but yours is much nicer. TFS.
Michelle

Tracey said...

This is adorable Kerry! Love the fruity set!!

Lauren said...

Super cute. I love the berries and the sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry! This card caught my eye cause my daughter is just crazy about strawberries!!! Where did you get the paper, do you remember? I guess this post is from last year :-) Love your blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin