Tuesday 30 September 2008

MFTeasers Day 2!

I just love these cats and their accompanying sentiment. These are "Peppermint Cats" from MFT, one of the six sets they are releasing tomorrow night. This card ended up being kind of shabby chic - something I rarely do - but I'm pleased with it. The paper is from My Mind's Eye - I sanded the sentiment panel so I would have a lighter area to stamp the sentiment on. The edges of all the patterned papers are distressed and sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink. I also had to use more liquid applique and glitter.


And this is "Reading Flopsey"! Not sure if you can tell but he's fuzzy! I flocked him and added some more liquid applique for his tail. To tone down the whiteness of the liquid applique I sprinkled it with flock while it was still wet - now it looks almost brown. The background stamp is from CHF - I thought it worked perfectly for Flopsey and I just love the sentiment - it is so true!

Tomorrow is the last day of sneak peeks and the party starts tomorrow night in the MFT forum on Splitcoast for the release! Learn how you could be next month's guest designer - it's tons of fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am soooo enjoying your sneak peeks! Beautiful work, my friend! :-)

Unknown said...

I love both your cards, but most especially that kitty cat one! So sweet!

Love all your previews, hope you're having fun as the guest this month, all your samples have been amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin