Saturday 5 April 2008

Another Out on a Limb Card!

Are you getting sick of this set yet? I'm certainly not! It's just so versatile and makes really quick cards. Unfortunately, I needed to make a sympathy card. A good friend recently lost her mother to cancer and this card is from a group of us. I wanted a soft colour combo that wasn't too bright. I used Blush blossom cardstock and stamped it with the linen background in pretty in pink ink. I then ran it through my cuttlebug with my textile folder. The main image is stamped on Poison Ivy cardstock (very shimmery) and I used close to cocoa and pixie pink chalk ink for the blossoms. I used old olive for the leaves as well as to matte the image and for the card base. I added a sentiment in rose red, a matching ribbon, and a half pearl. I hope it brings her some comfort.

Well I was unlucky enough to catch the same stomach flu that my daughter had - so it's been a quiet week around here. Hopefully we're both on the mend now and we can get busy! Hope you're having a great weekend!

8 comments:

jjcreations said...

This is very pretty. I like how the ribbon run on top and behind the card. Joan

Lesa said...

I love how you did the ribbon. This is so soft and pretty. Ummmmm.... Nope not sick of it. TFS!

JazzyH said...

Nice card. I love hose the ribbon is done. Did you use a puch?

Stampin' Meg said...

This is lovely, Kerry. I sure hope that you are feeling better soon.

Velta said...

So simple and yet so elegant...what is the name of this stamp? I especially love the softness of the colors :)

Rosella said...

What a great card. It is so soft and soothing!! Looks like a great stamp to play with too.
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog Kerry! I tried putting one of the daylight lightbulbs downstairs, but I think there is something wrong with our electrical, or it might not be strong enough, it just kept blinking. Have to come up with something else. Thanks for caring!

Marilyn said...

Love the soft colors of this card and the way you've done the ribbon - this is lovely!! Definitely not sick of this set - it is just so versatile!

CraftyC said...

Love this card, very subtle and soft colours!!
Clairexx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin