Wednesday 12 March 2008

Sketch Challenge - Somebunny!

This is my card for today's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I really wanted to use this stamp I picked up at Michaels for $1.50 and make some Easter cards. I paired it with some Basic Grey Oh Baby patterned paper. I used my Cuttlebug swiss dots folder for the first time and added some primas and some Basic Grey matching fibers. I think it turned out pretty cute and at least I got some Easter cards made. If I can get them in the mail tomorrow - they might actually be on time too!
I had my SU club last night and I was the hostess. I finally broke down and got the felt flowers - I just think they're so pretty and I love the colours. I also got a whole bunch of punches, a background stamp, some markers, and a stamping scrub. I qualified for 2 saleabration sets - so that's good. Can't wait for everything to come in now!
I made these to take with me. They are so yummy! They are called Chocolate peanut butter cup cookies and I got the recipe from my fave baking blog - Cookie Madness. I'm going to post the recipe - not sure if anyone enjoys these recipes - but I'm posting it anyway!
Lara’s Allrecipes Chocolate Peanut-Butter-Cup Cookies (notes from Lara)

1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. peanut butter (Lara used Skippy Super Chunk)
3/4 c. white sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. peanut butter chips
1 package mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, frozen and cut into halves (freezing is key!)
1 c. Reese’s Pieces (Since chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and peanut butter cups aren’t decadent enough)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl (I used my KitchenAid mixer), cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and Reese’s Pieces.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. (Whoops – I sprayed mine with cooking spray and they turned out fine). Push one (or if you are over-the-top, like me, two) peanut butter cup half into the center of each ball of dough. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. ***Let cool for 1 or 2 minutes on sheet before removing, or they will fall apart.***
36 cookies
Hope you're having a yummy week!!

5 comments:

jjcreations said...

Your bunny card is awesome!!! Love it. Joan....outside Edmonton Alberta.

Rosella said...

Your card is so sweet! It is a great sketch. Have to play with it yet. And the cookies are just YUMMY! I think I will just HAVE to BAKE now. Mind you, that is not something I do too often.

Stampin' Meg said...

yum= those cookies look KILLER!

Anonymous said...

MMM!! my husband will LOVE this!!!

Maria said...

Awesome bunny card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin