Saturday 26 January 2008

Hoo's there?

I just love these owls! I think I will make some more cards with these two for Valentine's Day. I used a technique I saw on Nichole Heady's blog by stamping the image in SU Classic Chocolate Chip ink on watercolour paper. I then went over the image with my aquapainter and it softened the lines. I coloured the owls using my aquapainter and ink pads. The paper is Basic Grey Mellow and the sentiments is from SU's Friendship Flowers.

I've been busy organizing! I made an ink pad holder out of foam core board and I made a couple of baskets from paper to hold my completed cards for sale in. I'll post pics tomorrow! Hope you're having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw those are cute owls! :) the background is also really nice!

thanks for sharing! *can't wait until I can do my cards! it's been long time!*

Aimee said...

love the background and those owls are so cute...

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Sweet....Love everything about this!!!

UrgentCookie said...

I like the look of the softened lines. I will have to try this out. :0)

Kathy W said...

Love this card. I like the owls, too, and I love the sentiment. Your choice of this Basic Grey DP makes the perfect background. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin